Back to the list of positions

By applying HERE, you’re choosing to become a personal lines damage insurance broker at Univesta. We’ll take the time to train your thoroughly and provide you with the necessary knowledge for your new career. You’ll be applying to join a team committed to achieving new heights of excellence, innovation, respect and dedication each and every day!

How do I become a personal lines damage insurance broker?

Univesta offers a five-week training course designed to give you the tools you need to pass the personal lines damage insurance exams administered by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF). Once you have successfully completed the AMF exams, you’ll take a three-or-four-week in-house training course focused on our products and software (this course will be given by an instructor in a classroom setting). Once you’ve successfully completed the in-house training, you’ll begin your internship (six weeks of practical training). After that, you’ll be able to call yourself a personal lines damage insurance broker at Univesta.

Working as a personal lines damage insurance broker means

  • Advising and listening to clients on the phone and providing them with an outstanding service experience by proposing and explaining products tailored to their specific needs.

  • Updating information on file in accordance with established standards.

  • Mastering Univesta’s products and procedures and updating your knowledge by attending training activities.

  • Complying with our standards and policies to achieve professional compliance and foster teamwork.

What personal qualities are needed for success?

  • You’re committed to offering outstanding client service on each and every call.

  • You’re able to work towards specific goals and targets (quality, sales and compliance).

  • You have excellent oral and written communication skills (being bilingual in English and French is an asset).

  • You have good analytical skills and can multi-task.

  • You’re thorough and feel comfortable operating various IT systems.

  • You’re a self-starter who can also work as part of a team.

Are there any prerequisites?

  • You must hold a high school diploma (Diplôme d'études secondaires/DES) or a certificate of equivalency issued by the Quebec Ministère de l’immigration.

  • You must have at least three years of full-time work experience, preferably in the areas of customer service or sales. Call centre experience would be an asset.

  • You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (we also have partnerships with France).

We are regulated by the AMF and certain criteria must be met to take the exams. If you don’t meet all the criteria, be sure to take a look at our other positions. There may be something that’s right for you!

What's it like to work as a personal lines damage insurance broker at Univesta?

  • The most important thing for us is our team: employee experience is central to our decision-making!

  • We believe that people who work well should be paid well. In other words, your earnings will be based on your performance.

  • Staying healthy pays! Any unused sick days will be paid out to you.

  • We have a generous vacation program and offer schedules to match your lifestyle!

  • Because it is always a good idea to think ahead, we offer a group RRSP plan and we contribute.