By applying HERE, you’ll have the opportunity to develop useful skills for your future career and we’ll pay your tuition !
Your career at UNIVESTA will help you learn the personal-lines damage insurance broker profession with a view to obtaining your licence from the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF). You will be responsible for ensuring that our personal-lines damage insurance clients have an outstanding experience. You will be assigned with a range of goals in customer experience and sales. For our team, every day is a chance to excel with innovation, respect and commitment.
How does it work?
- You start at the end of your winter 2021 semester with five weeks of paid preparation to sit your broker exams at the AMF – Yes, you’ll be paid to study !
- After, you attend three to four weeks of training about our products and software – Yes, you’ll be paid to be in class !
- After successfully completing your training, you begin your paid, six-week internship to become a personal-lines damage insurance broker at UNIVESTA – Yes, a real professional title while you’re still in school !
- Then, you’ll head back to university and work part-time at UNIVESTA for an excellent salary – When the year is over… We pay your tuition !
And what does it take to get into in the program ?
- Be enroled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program for the coming year;
- Have a cumulative academic average of 3.1 or above, or B (at the time of your application);
- Be available to work full time from May to August and according to your availability (minimum of 8 hours per week).
Because we are regulated by the AMF, certain criteria will apply in order for you to start training. Before applying HERE, make sure you:
- Have a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) or Comparative Evaluation issued by the Quebec Ministère de l’Immigration;
- Listen to, advise, and provide an exceptional experience to clients over the phone, by suggesting and explaining products adapted to their specific needs;
- Stay actively involved and do what it takes to achieve the stated objectives;
- Update files in line according to established standards;
- Comply with company standards and policies to ensure the smooth functioning of the work process and the team;
- Have in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and update your expertise by taking part in various trainging.
- Natural inclination to provide outstanding customer service;
- Ability to work with and meet goals (including quality, sales, and compliance);
- Excellent spoken and written french, as well as analytical thinking skills;
- Skilled at working with computer systems and to multi-task;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently;
- Bilingualism (an asset).
- Schedules adapted to your studies;
- Guaranteed working hours;
- Annual salary review;
- Referral program upon signature of the offer ($$);
- Possibility of teleworking.